Gateway Lecture Series
Delivered by a renowned scholar in the field, these lectures introduce and embody an emergent, important critical field or subdiscipline within medieval and early modern studies. We have three lecture scheduled for spring:
- Jan. 29, 4 PM: Alf Siewers (Bucknell University), "Ecocriticism" (Marvin Center Amphitheatre, 800 21st Street, NW, 4 PM)
- February 12, 4 PM: Michelle Warren (Dartmouth), "The Postcolonial Past" (Marvin Center Elliott Room 310, 800 21st Street, NW, 4 PM)
- March 26, 4 PM: Marissa Greenberg (University of New Mexico), "Writing and Space"
- February 12, 1-3 PM: "Orienting Early Europe" (coincides with Michelle Warren's visit). Rome Hall 771.
- March 5, 2 PM: "Race?" Features Ayanna Thompson and a panel of GW faculty: Jennifer James, Antonio Lopez, Thomas Guglielmo, Andrew Zimmerman. Marvin Center Amphitheatre.
- March 26, 12 PM: Marissa Greenberg, "Pulling Down the Pillars: Staging Tragedy in Samson Agonistes." Rome Hall 771.
- April 17: New Worlds at UMD