George Washington University Columbian College of Arts and Sciences and the Department of English are pleased to announce the Dean's Scholars in Shakespeare, a signature program for undergraduate students. The program offers a select group of students a unique opportunity to explore the works of William Shakespeare in a global and multimedia context. The first class of Dean's Scholars in Shakespeare will be arriving in Fall 2012.
- Take five courses during your freshmen and sophomore years
- Enjoy small classes and intimate interaction with award-winning professors
- Subsidized, faculty-led study tour of London and Stratford-upon-Avon
- Meet the head of The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust and leading scholars and artists in London
- Attend performances at the Folger Theatre and the Shakespeare Theatre Company in D.C.
- Participate in events at the Folger Shakespeare Library and on campus
- Take advantage of undergraduate research fellowships
- Use cutting-edge digital tools for the study of Shakespeare and for creative work
A series of events--free and open to the public--are being planned in conjunction with the Dean's Scholars program.